Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Perseverance and Inspiration

Hi everyone,  this blogging sure is a puzzle and since I love jigsaw puzzles I am persevering.  It took me 1/2 hour to figure out how to send another post.  For some reason I couldn't do it from our Windows computer upstairs.  I have a MAC. And here I am.

Mary, our 10 year old granddaughter called and said that she read my blog about "humor" the duplicate blender.  I told her she ought to blog.  She said I have nothing to blog about and I heard her dad in the background say...what about your girl scout meeting today.  So Mary said first she wanted to respond to my message and then maybe tomorrow after she gets her homework done she will set up a site with her dad's help.  Maybe we can have a gramdfather Jane/ grandson Mary blog conversation.   Get it Mary?  She and her brother called the other night and got confused in saying goodnight to us and we all got a great laugh out of it.

Today...got the call giving me time to appear for Cortizone shot in my left hip due to a year's long saga of pain that began with sciatica.  Hopefully this will bring an end to my stagnation of activity.  I miss tennis a lot!  What else?  Had a great lunch with a former neighbor.  "Do you realize that we sat for 2 hours without a break she said as she got back from the bathroom?"  Now that is friendship, when you never look at your watch once in two hours!  Her friendship is a pearl to be treasured.  The other gift was realizing after getting up that my hip and knee didn't hurt like it has been.  The pain so depends on the chair.  Another gift today was the Reiki (energy work) and head/back massage that I got from a loving nurse/nun/masseuse near by.  I treat myself every month to this time of relaxation.  The room is darkened, soothing music, an inviting warm bed and no conversation.  What a luxury!  I seem to float out of there every month.  I finished the afternoon by reading some more of  THE POPE'S WAR, by Matthew Fox, a theologian who was silenced in 1988 by the former cardinal/now Pope Benedict.  It is the recent history of the 80 some men and women (listed in the back of the book) who were silenced for their creation/liberation theology and other beliefs that the hierarchy doesn't like.  Most informative and encouraging to read about the stories of people who stand up for what they believe in the church regardless of the powers that be.  I have a tendency to just get angry!  They continued to fight for what they believe in.  Inspiring!  That's it for today.  Blessings to you all.  mjk

No comments:

Post a Comment