Sunday, January 13, 2013

Blog People who challenge me.

It has been a quiet day.  Met with my good friend of many years for two hours sharing our weeks experience in where and how we found God.  I am in the process of recording my underlined thoughts from the book No Ordinary Time by Jan Phillips.  I love her writings as she challenges me and reminds me of the goodness in life.  It took me a year to read a section or page each day since there was so much for me to absorb.  One excerpt was: How am I to know what I am here to do?  Just be who you are, the doing will get done...How can I remember I am of the light when there's hunger and hardship all around?  Take the hand of everyone your're walking with and the love you feel will spread that light around.  Pg. 22  
When you think of the people who have inspired you, changed your thinking, altered the course of your life, are they not the ones who spoke and lived from the heart? Pg 23.  
This last question was a great question for me to ponder thinking of the people who have loved and challenged me.  What about people in your life?  Who comes to your mind?  My next step is to let them know how they have touched me and thank them. mjk

No comments:

Post a Comment