Thursday, January 17, 2013

Blog Joy

What to write?  I am feeling a haze over my eyes.  Wonder upon wonder.  My compulsive nature kicked in again last night as I decided to stay up til 2:30 a.m. to read still THE SHOEMAKER'S WIFE.  470 some pages and 100 to go yet.  It is so well written, very descriptive though.  What am I getting out of it beside sleeplessness?  Great entertainment, wondering what will happen next in this love story of Italian immigration to America.

Just talked with Trafford Publishing who is marketing my new book, TAKING OFF MY GOD HAT.
It is a 25 year compilation of scripture verses I highlighted during my prayer time that spoke to me regarding my compulsive eating.  The insight  I gleaned during the writing was God's unconditional love for me.  I didn't have to earn it.  I hope to send out a mass email informing people of it's availability  on Amazon and Barnes and Noble in the next week.  There is a glitch with my website at the moment.

What else?  JOY!  That was the message two days ago in my Unity magazine.  The challenge was to respond to people when they ask you, "how are you?" with..."I feel joyful".  I tried it at the Pain Clinic as I was doing a one week follow up after a left hip cortisone shot.  At first I replied I feel "great" and then corrected myself by saying, I feel Joyful!  "Really" the receptionist questioned.  "Yes, I feel joyful." Her co-worker responded with, "that is so nice to hear".  "We seldom hear upbeat responses."  It put a smile on my face and joy in my heart.  I want to remember to respond that way more often. I not only brought joy to others as well as reminding myself of joy. What is your uplifting word today?  mjk     

No comments:

Post a Comment