Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blog Puzzle Fun Together.

I can't believe that it is a week since I have sat down here.  I had a thought yesterday of what I wanted to blog about but I can't think of it right now.  Oh well.  I will let the spirit lead.

You all know how much I love to work puzzles.  On January 19 I wrote about getting one at Morton Arboretum, selecting one that is a concentrated picture of spring flowers.  Since we both love puzzles I thought it would be a great winter get together for B & I.  Well, we began weeks ago, not working on it every night but many nights.  I can't believe we are still working on this 1000 piece puzzle.   Thinking we would finish it last night we both commented, that it is the hardest puzzle that we have ever done and we have assembled a lot of them together.  It is a concentrated picture of spring blooming flowers, which we both love, with just a few stems.  What makes it challenging is that the colors are redundant through out the puzzle.  I said to B. "Did you ever realize that there are so flowers? Can you name them all?"  She laughed but didn't answer me.   What fun but it is getting a little tedious.   I can't believe that I am saying this.    As we near the end, (hopefully tonight) it reminds me of a collage of a flower catalogue without print.  And so goes winter life of a puzzle lover and her lovely neighbor. mjk

No comments:

Post a Comment