Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blog Color choices

I am going nuts picking out new colors for our first floor rooms, actually just for the living room and dining room first. After meeting with the painter helping me make some selections I then went to the paint store to get some more ideas and samples so I could put them on the walls.  M. came back with 4 10x12 painted samples.  I thought I was fine with the saybrook sage but after the painter painted a 10x12 poster board, I placed it in the living room this past day and it looks too dark.  I love the contrast with the yellow, no, that's not true.  The yellow looks murky, and the green is too dark.  I wonder if other people go through this painstaking task.  I came down here and was able to get the color in a 4x6 inch size on the computer but now I think the lighting down here is throwing me off.  Issue being I don't like having to go back to the painter asking her to paint up a couple more samples.  I know she wants me satisfied but I don't like this wishy-washyness, this indecision.  That's what it is all about.  Indecision.  Usually I make up my mind quickly about a situation but this has been labor intensive.  Help!  Tonight I chose three more greens and called her and now I am second guessing myself, thinking they are too green-green.  Woe is me!  It's late.  I think I ought to just go to bed.
"The sun will come out tomorrow," sings Annie. mjk 

No comments:

Post a Comment