Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blog Compulsion

I just came downstairs to do some art work and got side tracked posting our latest ushering which we are slowly doing again.  We saw a well-done play at our local community college, called
A Night in Provence.  Two couples (with a guest couple) double booked a villa in France and the hanky-panky that went on.  Light entertainment, well casted.  And here I am digressing also.
As I was cleaning up my sticky notes here by the computer I came across some notes re: compulsion.

I have wrestled with sugar addiction for years.  A while ago in prayer I played with that word:
Com / pul / sion.  Come within  
         pul               Pulse, take a reading
         sion             shun the destruction, attachment, ropeing me, pulling me away.
Compulsion: wanting attention, wanting love.
How can compulsion help to love me?

I can befriend my compulsion by using the temptation at the moment to ask self:
                     WHAT DO I REALLY NEED?    prayer, sleep, water, tea, phone call, writing.

Compulsion is an external behavior from an interior call.
A call wanting attention, needing an internal love.
Compulsions are substitues for God's love.  The other day I read that the real gift of a compulsion when I resist, is the growing closer in my relationship with God.
Anyone out there have any thoughts on this?  mjk




No comments:

Post a Comment